Microdermabrasion works on all skin types and colors. It makes subtle changes, causing no skin color change or scarring. It is not effective for deeper problems such as scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, or deep acne scars.
With microdermabrasion, there is less down time than with dermabrasion. Skin is temporarily pink but fully recovers within 24 hours. It doesn't require surgery or anesthetics. That may help people who cannot take "down time" for healing.
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that's abundant when you're a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
Microdermabrasion uses tiny exfoliating crystals that are sprayed on the skin. It works best on problems such as dull skin, brown spots, and age spots.
Microdermabrasion can do :
1) Improve age spots and black heads
2) Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin)
3) Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
4) Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
5) Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
6) Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
7) Treat acne and the scars left by acne